Oyster Mushrooms (Pleurotus Ostreatus)

Oyster Mushrooms (Pleurotus Ostreatus)
Oyster mushrooms growing in the wild on tree bark.

Friday, January 29, 2010

1/28 BLOG

Today in class I thought about my experimental design but when I got home today I decided to make a pretty big change in my experiment; I going to use the oyster mushrooms rather than the Enokitake kits. I decided to make this change because there was a major problem with the Enokitakes, one kit already had extensive amounts of mushroom growths and other one had none (and I don't even know if the growths were Enokitake growths). I added the ice cubes to the Enokitakes anyway just as a side project but now I'm focusing on the oyster mushroom kits my dad also ordered and are now set up and ready to experiment on. I'm bring the oyster mushrooms in on monday to set up and start my experiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment